The Graphics Programmer will have varied roles and duties across a number of different projects in development. The Graphics Programmer will support the core development teams needs in regards to graphical engine features, pipeline and tools.
- Help design and create tools for development staff.
- Implement new and/or updated engine features depending on project needs.
- Work across a wide variety of engine/subsystem features such as memory management, loading, effects, rendering, audio, optimisations and so on.
- Identify risks in pipeline and technology and resolve them accordingly.
- Strong foundation in Data Structures, Math, and Algorithms. Thorough command of applicable programming languages and thorough knowledge of software design practices.
- Excellent understanding of game tool, pipeline and engine features.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Excellent coding/development/design/debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Technical problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership and has the ability to work under pressure and see things through to completion.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience in the same or similar role.
- Experience developing on 360/PS3/PC and Wii platforms.
- 3+ yrs of relevant games experience.