Big Ant Studios are looking for experienced programmers to join our Melbourne team. We're looking for positive, collaborative self-starters who love to make games just as much as we do. Regardless of your discipline, if this sounds like you, you should probably apply right now.
• Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
• Writing, reviewing and maintaining technical designs.
• Identifying specific tasks required, and estimating their duration.
• Writing and documenting code in C++, C#, python and LUA.
• Completing tasks within your estimates.
• Regular communication on the status of your tasks.
• Identifying improvements in any area company-wide and actioning them as appropriate.
• Mentoring other programming staff members.
• Contributing to the technical direction of the company.
• Providing technical oversight for projects company-wide.
• Excellent coding/development/design/debugging skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Strong work ethic.
• Very good interpersonal skills.
• Technical problem solving skills.
• Positive attitude.
• Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
• Ability to work under pressure and see things through to completion.
Education/Relevant work Experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
• Experience in the same or similar role.
• Experience developing on 360/PS3/PC and Wii platforms.
• 5+ yrs of relevant games experience preferred