*Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage, we cannot sponsor a working visa. This is an in-person, on-location in-studio position.*
Big Ant Studios are looking for a highly talented and motivated Animator to play a key role in the studio.
Join us in making some of consoles and PCs biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio.
- Work with art and code team members to improve character visuals, such as mesh deformation, facial animation, cloth and hair dynamics.
- Edit and clean motion capture data using Motion Builder
- Design animation systems with gameplay team members
- Coordinate and direct motion capture shoots
- Strong animation skills, especially with body mechanics
- Strong technical skills in Motion Builder and Maya
- Good working knowledge of cloth and hair dynamics, ideally in video-games
- Creative problem solver
- Keen eye for detail and composition
- Team player
- Working knowledge of Vicon Blade and motion capture
- Experience with scripting languages (Mel, Python, Lua)
- Solid understanding of classic animation fundamentals.
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in Southbank, Melbourne, and another studio in the Adelaide CBD, we develop premium sports titles for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team with perks including daily lunches, Myki for public transport, and professional development support.
At Big Ant, we believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are key to creating experiences everyone can enjoy. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
*Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage, we cannot sponsor a working visa.*