*Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage, we cannot sponsor a working visa. This is an in-person, on-location in studio position.*
Big Ant Studios are looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior Programmer to play a key role in the studio.
Join us in making some of consoles and PCs biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio.
Big Ant are hiring across multiple roles – if you have additional expertise in gameplay, network programming, UI/UX or graphics programming, let us know in your application. Please include a cover letter and resume in your application, along with details of your working rights in Australia.
- Designing and implementing new systems, while improving existing systems in C++
- Self-managing programming task schedule updates and coordinating with the production team
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Big Ant Engine code base
- Analysing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years working experience in programming
- Very good understanding of C++
- Experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of engine or middleware and associated pipeline
- Passionate about playing and making games
- Basic knowledge of debugging tools
- Familiar with basic speed and memory considerations
- Familiar with optimisation principles
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in organising work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to quickly learn to use new tools
- Work well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
- Good debugging skills
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in Southbank, Melbourne, and another studio in the Adelaide CBD, we develop premium sports titles for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team with perks including daily lunches, Myki for public transport, and professional development support.
At Big Ant, we believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are key to creating experiences everyone can enjoy. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
*Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage, we cannot sponsor a working visa.*