NOTE: Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic). For more details, visit: https://aflsportsready.com.au/jobs-board/junior-qa-tester-trainee/
The First Peoples Creative Industries Traineeships Program seeks to launch the careers of 18-24 year-old First Peoples by opening doors to exciting roles in the creative industries – spanning arts, culture, screen, design, music, digital games and more.
Your 12-month traineeship, with a full-time wage, will include support and mentoring every step of the way as well as access to a network of First Peoples working in the creative industries – plus, you’ll study on the job for a nationally recognised business qualification.
Supported by the Victorian Government, the program is designed to encourage young people to develop the skills to run their own business, go onto further study or be employed in roles in the creative industries.
ArtsReady is a program of AFL SportsReady, specifically designed to provide opportunities for creative jobseekers to start their careers with confidence, qualifications and skills.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join Big Ant Studios as a Junior Quality Assurance Tester Trainee and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio. Working as part of a small collaborative team, you will help with the delivery, success and ongoing maintenance of our games. The role is a fully paid traineeship for one year, with the potential to lead to a permanent full-time position upon successful completion.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be employed by AFL SportsReady, as part of our ArtsReady program
• Work with Big Ant Studios
• Get paid while studying for a nationally recognised qualification
• Receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking opportunities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Learn to be part of and provide support for the Big Ant QA processes.
• Work towards meeting Big Ant QA standards in testing to help fulfill the requirements of multiple, ongoing projects.
• Learn to recreate bugs and provide accurate information to assist with fixing problems.
• Communicate well to all levels of staff within the Big Ant team, both verbally & via effective, high quality bug reports.
• Learn to regularly execute test cases throughout the project life cycle.
• Learn to follow instructions accurately so that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
• Assist with providing feedback, suggestions and improvements to help with the overall design of the game.
• Provide assistance where required to the QA Manager, Assistant Producer and Development Director.
• Willingness to learn, adapt and develop within a rapidly iterative and responsive working environment
• Willingness to learn how to take ownership of project requirements and work independently
• Analytical skills and attention to detail is highly regarded
• Applicants must be self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team
• Computer literate; ability to pick up and adapt to new software
• A passion for gaming and game playing in various game genres, both online and offline is desirable
• Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander – this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic)
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$19,000 – $25,000+9.5 % Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identified RoleOnly Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position. This action constitutes a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
Applications for this position will close:
March 21, 2021 5:00 pm
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
- Application Details
- Position Details
- Job Specific Requirements
- Previous Employment
- About your time at school
- Previous Education