Big Ant is currently seeking a full-time Network Programmer. We are looking for a highly talented and motivated person to work on our console Sports titles at our Melbourne studio.
You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology, working within a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to shape our future titles. The Network Programmer autonomously develops network and server related functions assigned by the Lead Programmer. They design and implement the network interface or tools to help game communicate with each other and with the server.
- Develop library for game features that require network communication.
- Develop server apis and features for an online multi-player game.
- Create tools to stress test servers in a lab environment.
- Create scripts/tools for development pipeline.
- Work closely with gameplay programmers to integrate network library into the game
- Debug problems related to network library and multi-thread programming
- Work closely with game designers to clarify network/server design requirements.
- Able to break a large task down into a more manageable group of smaller tasks, plan and schedule the smaller tasks.
- Capable to inform management ahead of time when tasks are falling behind schedule, and propose solutions.
- Help Junior Programmers solve technical issues on their tasks.
- Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads.
- Correct defects discovered by QC or your customers in a timely fashion.
- Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance.
- Mentor junior programmers on how to improve their performance.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- Must be proficient in C++, knowledge of multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of various network protocols such TCP, UDP, HTTP.
- Have a good understanding of mathematics.
- Knowledge of software development using Scrum and proper Scrum practices.
- Ability to work independently or as a team player.
- 2+ years of programming experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Lua) is a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases a plus.
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, voluntary social events, and professional development support.
Big Ant encourages applications and enquiries from women and other underrepresented developers.