Big Ant Studios is one of the longest standing and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, we primarily work on sports titles across multiple platforms, predominantly focusing on the console, with recent releases including CRICKET19, AO Tennis 2 and the upcoming Tennis World Tour 2.
Why join us
- Supportive environment – we encourage and support a friendly, supportive team culture that will make you want to come to work every day!
- Ongoing development – we actively work to provide ongoing professional and personal development opportunities – we also complete regular staff reviews to support and promote the development of our people.
- FREE daily lunch – what better way to someone’s heart, than via their stomach? We provide free lunches daily, and celebrate our wins each week with Friday afternoon drinks and pizza! (Once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and we’re back in the office)
- Cutting edge technology – joining us will see you working on cutting edge technology for Xbox, PlayStation and PC using mocap technologies to create realistic graphics.
- Location, location, location – Big Ant offers a central location, right in the heart of Southbank
About the role
Join Big Ant Studios as a UI/UX Game Engineer and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio. Must have solid XAML/WPF skills.
You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology, building user interfaces that complement the gameplay visuals and experience. You will work within a small, collaborative team where you will have the opportunity to help shape the UI of our future titles.
As a studio, we use an in house C++/Lua Engine, and have recently integrated Noesis GUI for our UI layer, and are looking for a competent UI developer with proven experience using Xaml/WPF. The successful applicant will need to be able to work both autonomously and in a group environment.
- Min 2 years UI/UX development experience
- Solid knowledge of Xaml, WPF and Blend
- C#/C++ is mandatory
- Experience with wire-framing and prototyping
- Version control – git/svn
- Noesis GUI
- BA Computer Science or similar
- Games Development
- Adobe Suite
- UX Design
Big Ant encourages applications and enquiries from women and other underrepresented developers – you’re welcome to get in touch to discuss the role.
Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage, we cannot sponsor a working visa.
No recruiters, please.
One other small note: this is a remote role while Covid restrictions remain in place in Melbourne, but the intention is that you’ll be joining us onsite in the future.