*Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage, we cannot sponsor a working visa. This is an in-person, on-location in-studio position.*
Big Ant Studios are looking for a highly talented and motivated Character Artist to play a key role in the studio.
Join us in making some of consoles and PCs biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio.
- Working with other Senior Artists to ensure the highest quality output.
- Sculpting high-resolution models for baking/re-topologising into game-ready assets.
- Creating 3d real-time game-ready models.
- Unwrapping and baking of assets.
- Creating 2d texture maps.
- Working with the in-house engine to achieve the best possible results.
You have experience with:
- Maya – other 3d package knowledge is a plus.
- PBR techniques.
- Allegorithmic texturing packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You get bonus points for:
- Interest in human anatomy is a huge plus.
- Understanding of and interest in sports.
- Working knowledge of UE4 or Unity.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in Southbank, Melbourne, and another studio in the Adelaide CBD, we develop premium sports titles for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team with perks including daily lunches, Myki for public transport, and professional development support.
At Big Ant, we believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are key to creating experiences everyone can enjoy. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
*Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage, we cannot sponsor a working visa.*